Search This Blog

Monday, June 11, 2018

Turning The Water Back On

Late last evening we got the notice that it was, finally, okay to use the water out of the faucet. After more than a week of  boiling the water or drinking bottled water, it seemed strange stop doing so. Just as not using tap water took a while to adjust to, so did using it once again. Does adjusting to a new routine happen that quickly? I would not have thought so, but apparently it does.
I did not keep track of how much boiled water we used, but I know we went through 50+ bottles of water. I'm uncertain whether or not I understood/followed the safety guidelines correctly, but neither of us suffered any consequences if not.

Mother Nature must have also received the notice to turn the water back on. The weather report last night had us with a bit of a chance for some rain. Every time I awoke in the night I could hear it raining steadily, sometimes hard.

When I checked our rain guage a little after 7:00 a.m., we had received almost two and one half inches. The sky was still clouded, with thunderheads in the distance.

A little later we did have another heavy, but brief, shower. More rain and chances of severe weather are in the forecast for late afternoon and evening.

There were so many birds singing, apparently they liked the rain, too. Or else it was just their usual morning chorus. The only one who came looking for the breakfast buffet was the Mourning Dove. She was able to easily have a drink of water, but she had to peck some for the few remaining seeds.

June 11 never comes around without me remembering my beloved Grandpa Joe who was born on this date in 1896.

Appreciate your loved ones as well as clean water at the turn of a tap, you never know when they might be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment