Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Love A Rainy Night

♪ ♪ Well I love a rainy night; I love a rainy night.
I love to hear the thunder;
watch the lightning when it lights up the sky. ♪ ♪

A week of cool, rainy weather. The official beginning of summer last Thursday felt more like May weather. May, when we had temperatures in the 90's with heat indices in the 100's, felt more like summer.

I took these two photos Sunday evening. Wind was blowing, rain was pouring and running down the street. We had 2.35 inches.

Yesterday afternoon it rained off and on. I wanted to go to the Farmers' Market at 4:00, but it was looking pretty iffy. Then it started clearing a bit so we went. There weren't as many vendors as usual because of the rain.
An hour or so later, it started raining hard. Then the tornado sirens went off. It didn't look that bad out, but we had lost TV coverage so didn't know what was going on until we went online and learned that, while no funnel clouds had been reported, the radar was showing bow echo returns southwest of us.

The rain and the danger had passed but there were still some thunder heads out there when I took this picture at 6:45.

At 8:15, the sun was shining.

Showers wash all my cares away;
I wake up to a sunny day,
'cause I love a rainy night. ♪

We did have another 80/100's in the guage this morning for a total from last Tuesday to today of 4.65 inches of rain. At least here we do not worry about flooding. Creston was so named because it is located on the crest between the Missouri and Mississippi rivers; high ground.
But we have had two tornadoes in the ten years we've lived here, so there is that.

(Lyrics from Eddie Rabbit's I Love A Rainy Night)

No comments:

Post a Comment