Search This Blog

Thursday, June 7, 2018

Best Romantic Adventure

Did you bite on that "The Absolute Best Romantic Adventures In Every State" bait on MSN Lifestyle yesterday? When they do those 'every state' teasers, I almost always flip through until I get to Iowa; curious to see what 'they' feature in our state. Often I stop there, sometimes I continue on until I get to Wyoming.

For Iowa, it was "Adventure in the Netherlands" in Pella, "America's Dutch Treasure". I've been to Pella several times. It is a very interesting town to visit and attracts thousands during it's annual tulip festival. I think the last time we were there was either the weekend before, or after, the festival - skipping the crowds while still enjoying all the gorgeous tulips.

My take on these Romantic Adventures getaway inducements is that you don't have to go somewhere expensive or exclusive.

When you are with the one you love, a tent in a glade, far away from everything, can be the most romantic spot on earth.

Even after being together forever, a stroll in Central Park while holding hands, can be romantic. Or walking a dirt road picking up rocks, playing a game of cribbage, or laughing together. Every day saying, I love you.
Yesterday I said to HD, "If you had to choose between me and chocolate chip cookies, you'd choose the cookies!" He assured me he would choose me. I did not, however, ask if he would choose me if it was between me and his video games! 😜

Maybe it was just luck, or maybe it was being lucky enough to find someone crazy enough to agree to being married in a blizzard, my best romantic adventure was, and continues to be, along side Hubby Dearest.

No comments:

Post a Comment