Search This Blog

Monday, October 23, 2017

Monday, Monday, So Good To Me

The weeks roll around so fast. Mondays, however, are not the onus they once were. Ha! The sunrise wasn't great, so here is a miscellany of the day so far:

Back when we toured the Texas Hill Country and stayed at Fredricksburg, I bought this holy water font/stoup in one of the stores there. I'm not Catholic, but I could say I got it in memory of my great-great grandparents who were, and came here from Ireland. Truth is, I liked its shape and bought it to use as a garden embellishment. This year the cardinal climber has it almost completely covered. I like the hidden aspect.

The volunteer zinnias only came up in a couple of spots this year. Their cheerful pink is always welcome.

I thought there would be more color in these trees by now. You can tell how windy the day is by how the water is being pushed.

A park squirrel chose one of the lake side benches for a lunch spot.

Ah, now there's some remarkable fall color.

Facebook reminded me that today is cousin Janet's 73rd birthday. For about 3-1/2 weeks we are the same age. The picture of her (right) and my little sister, Betty, (left) is the one I posted on Jan's 70th birthday. I wonder why I wasn't in this picture, too?

"Monday, Monday, so good to me,
Monday mornin', it was all I hoped it would be."

No comments:

Post a Comment