Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Halloween aka All Hallows Eve

Halloween got started with a big laugh with the arrival of this card from my daughter, Kari:

Inside, she wrote:
Halloween was always a time of big celebration for us, from trick or treating when my children were young to decorating our barn for a party of junior high friends, to a scary ghost story complete with a deranged ax-wielding monster.

My kids are grown now, but I still enjoy seeing photos of them costumed for Halloween parties:



And the last time I dressed up for Halloween, about twenty-five years ago - dressed as an old crone and now I 'are' one.


The Veil Is Getting Thinner
    (Author Unknown)

"As I went out walking this fall afternoon,
I heard a whisper whispering.
I heard a whisper whispering,
Upon this fine fall day....

As I went out walking this fall afternoon,
I heard a laugh a' laughing.
I heard a laugh a' laughing,
Upon this fine fall day....

I heard this whisper and I wondered,
I heard this laugh and then I knew.
The time is getting near my friends,
The time that I hold dear my friends,
The veil is getting thin my friends,
And strange things will pass through."

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment