Search This Blog

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Down At The Pond


I get so much pleasure watching the wildlife around the pond. Yesterday afternoon the heron was on the bank rather than near the water hunting for food.

It was preening.

"What happened to my head?"

Contortionist extraordinaire.

Last evening there was something dark moving near the water....

.....something I hadn't seen around the pond before although I have seen them on our deck when there's bird seed out.

The raccoon was reaching down into the water, searching around.

And obviously finding something to munch on. I wonder what?

These photos probably would have been better if I had remembered to change the setting to night landscape. Also if I had been on the deck instead of shooting through the window, but I was afraid it would leave if I went outside.

I took more than two dozen pictures each of the heron and the raccoon, all at 20x zoom except for the first one showing the trees where the heron is just a dot.
I probably take the most photos of the heron and the geese, but I've seen cats down near the water a couple of times and it is about the time of year when the deer are around more often.
I am so lucky to have the view I do, and luckier still to notice when there's something going on down at the pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment