Search This Blog

Sunday, September 1, 2019

Lovely First Morning of September

Thanks to my Nordic Walking Poles - what I call my 'sticks' - I've been loving walking outside again. It is so much more enjoyable than walking on the treadmill. So before the rains and cold weather set in, I'm going to savor the great outdoors while I can.

This morning once more, I was at Lake McKinley Park. Naturally I don't go without my camera along. The lake was still; no waterfowl to be seen.

The walking trail makes walking there easy. And even though I don't have a dog, I'm happy to see that the new fountains keep the furry friends in mind.

Pretty flowers in one of the park's old 'New York Ironworks' planters.

The trail passes through part of the Historical Complex. How is this for authenticity - the well pump and outhouse next to the one-room school building.

I thought I had the trail all to myself when I heard, "Coming around you."

I had stopped to see if I could tell what those birds were in the top of a tree. Zooming in with the camera showed a red-headed woodpecker and a robin.

This time when I crossed the footbridge and looked down into the stream I could identify those flowers. PINKWEED! They like damp soil.

Yes, it was a gorgeous morning this first day of a new month. I was happy to be out in it - all the while hearing these lyrics in my mind....

And look how far we've come
So far from where we used to be
But not so far that we've forgotten
How it was before

September Morn
Do you remember
How we danced that night away
Two lovers playing scenes
From some romantice play
September morning 
Still can make me feel that way ♫

No comments:

Post a Comment