Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Cool Day For A Swim




We had a cold front go through during the night, taking all of yesterday's humidity with it. So it was cool for my walk at Lake McKinley this morning.










I didn't take many photos.

Doesn't it look like there is something in the hollow of this Maple tree?




This plant looked familiar but I didn't have a name for it and had to look it up - Broadleaf Arrowhead.
It was growing in the small stream the footbridge crosses, but down at the end close to the lake.


Other names for it are duck-potato, Indian potato and wapato. As those names suggest, the plants have edible tubers.
The small white flowers remind me of begonias.



This fungus, although drying up, looked good enough to eat. Maybe I was getting hungry after my walk. Don't worry, I never eat any fungi unless I'm certain they're not poisonous.






I may have been chilly when I started out on my walk, but I was almost hot by the end of it.

Then I came home and my heart was warmed by these roses and carnations from Hubby Dearest.


Unexpected. No reason. The best kind.



No comments:

Post a Comment