Search This Blog

Monday, September 2, 2019

Following A New Trail



A pretty start for Labor Day and another walk outside with my Sticks.
(I decided to capitalize Sticks because of their value to me. Next, I'll probably name them!) 😊



Back out to Green Valley State Park to try out a new trail. A good omen as soon as I exited the car in the lot on the North side of the lake.
#BlackFeather


First the feather, then the rustling of the Cottonwood leaves.


I planned on taking the path around the North end of the lake, but when I got to the corner I discovered the path I was going to take was gravel while the paved path led across the causeway. What to do?




I followed the gravel path, which I had all to myself.



When I saw these cattle feeding bunks in the distance I thought, "What are those for? Are they feeding the deer?" Then I saw that the path continued on from them and realized.....

....duh - it's a bridge across a marshy area -- so recently built that it still has that 'new wood' smell. This area is right behind the Park Ranger's house and maintenance buildings. The path does go on to the other side of the lake.

But I retraced my steps back to the paved path and crossed over the causeway.


Taking pictures of this stump, which made me think of a moose head......




......and these new little maple trees whose leaves are already turning red.






And while the lake had an odor......






.....the woods had an aroma.




Another lovely morning; me and my Sticks exploring a new trail, enjoying the great outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment