Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 12, 2018

To Feel Like A Kid Again

One of my favorite pictures of my daughter showed up in my FB Memories this morning. Taken when she was around age two, possibly when we were visiting grandparents on the farm. I had scanned and used it for a Throw-Back-Thursday in 2010. (Yes, I am one of those mothers/grandmothers who enjoys embarrassing remembering the kids with old pics.)

The photo reminded me further of a recently shared post on FB from her brother - my youngest, Preston.

One of my favorite photos of him - around age four. The post he shared was one he originally wrote nine years ago:
"Realized that I missed being a kid..not school age, but the age when you are 4 or 5 and you run around in circles and fall into the grass looking up at the clouds and you have that sense of wonderment ..wondering what the world is all about and where the clouds are going and how can you catch one to ride.."

My reply: "The trick is to find something that makes you feel like that kid again. I felt it when I moved 'back home' in '78 -- standing in the rain, watching the water tank fill."

A few days later, Hubby Dearest left for his morning walk/run in a light rain. It wasn't long before the light rain became a downpour and he came back soaking wet, running down the middle of our street where the water was deepest.
After he got dried off and warmed up I asked him how it had made him feel. His reply: "Like a kid again."

So maybe all one needs to feel young again is to play in the dirt or rain - or a combination of the two - mud!

What makes you feel like a kid again?

1 comment:

  1. Walking barefoot in the grass, first nice spring day. There's something magical about feeling my feet touching the grass. Yep, makes me feel like a kid again, back at the switchboard house in Guss.

    ReplyDelete