Search This Blog

Saturday, September 29, 2018

Porch Party

"The people in your life are like the pillars on your porch. Sometimes they hold you up, and sometimes they lean on you. Sometimes it is enough to know they are standing by." (Merle Shain) 
Last month my daughter-in-law posted some photos of their porch after having it entirely rebuilt. Their builder did a beautiful job and saved the original porch pillars.

Last Sunday, a date when all the kids and grandkids could be there, she and my son hosted a porch party. The weather was perfect and I knew it was going to be a good day for this great-grandma because....

....these two little cuties, Ayden and Greyson, pictured here with their Aunt Kathryn, came running to greet us. They each gave me a hug and let me kiss them and said, "I love you, Grandma!" Way to start my day! (Picture credit to Bud.)

Ayden had this paint brush attached to a long rope. Here he was sweeping the sidewalk.

Greyson wanted the rope and brush, but waited for his turn with it by bouncing on a big blue ball.

Eventually the two little ones worked together to tie up Dominique and Ian as their Dad, Ki, and Grandma Shalea looked on. Such fun!

Ayden 'brushing' Grandpa Bud's hat. Never a dull moment with these little ones.

Shalea has been having fun decorating around the new porch. It wraps around half the south side of the house and all the way across the front. A real, old-fashioned sittin' porch.

For a porch party gift, I decided it was time to give up this piece of petrified wood.

It is the one Ki and I found in the remnants of an old coal mine near Carbon several years ago.

I love it, but it is time to turn it over to the kids. I told Shalea she could care for it until Ki decides he wants it for his home.

"Porch Party" - a great reason for an end of summer get-together with family. 😍💞

No comments:

Post a Comment