Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Some September Sunsets

Sept 7
Having clouds and silhouettes always helps.

As do reflections.

Sept 8
Criss-cross blues.

And gray striations.

Sept 9
Setting sun, clouds, water - lots to work with.

Like a close-up of that 'perfect' tree up on the ridge.

Or a more distant shot of it.

A final 'sinking of the sun' photo with a first star to wish upon.

7:44 p.m. - clouds of cotton candy reflecting the final glow.

8:05 p.m. - Good night.

Sept 10

With no clouds my only photos would be a peachy afterglow, nothing too interesting. Maybe tomorrow night.

8:17 p.m. Almost full dark, a final glance out the window.

Wait. What do I see?

Just possibly the best opportunity ever to photograph the new moon in its waxing crescent phase.

This is the first phase after the new moon. And, even though I took the photos through the window, I was elated by the chance sighting and my photo op.

Tonight, even if I am taking sunset pictures, I'll be looking for the setting moon.😉

1 comment:

  1. So much beauty! Wonderful pics of that slivered moon. Thanks for sharing. ♥️

    ReplyDelete