Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 1, 2023

A Letter To Mom February 1954

I had no idea I could write in cursive when I was only ten and a half years old. I would have guessed around twelve maybe. Also, it's too bad I didn't find this letter before yesterday - like about two weeks ago. 


The page was folded up and on the outside I had written: "Ruth Lynam % Greater Community Hospital, Creston, Iowa." No stamp, so I know I sent it with my Dad to give to her. 


And this is why I wrote: "I would like to see Leslie Louis".  

I had a baby brother! And I couldn't wait to hold him. 

I treasure these old reminders of my past.






It is a new month and one I look forward to every year - March - when spring arrives. 

"March is a tomboy with tousled hair, a mischievous smile, mud on her shoes and a laugh in her voice." (Hal Borland)

I read that and immediately thought of this picture of my daughter --


Oh, I know we'll still have more snow, but I always get such a hopeful feeling when spring is near.


No comments:

Post a Comment