Search This Blog

Sunday, March 12, 2023

Bridal Shower Absentee

 

Yesterday was my youngest granddaughter's bridal shower. 

There was one VIP missing - me! Okay, I'm not really a very important person, but my grandchildren make me feel like I am in their lives.

I had been looking forward to being there and planned to ride along with my son and daughter-in-law. 

Then, for the first time in years, I caught a bad cold. I had just begun feeling safe to quit wearing a mask in public. I should have known better!



Bud hadn't felt well for a couple of days. It just seemed like a cold. Then Monday I thought, uh oh, I caught his cold. By Tuesday I really felt icky. Wednesday I was worse. Tired, achy, could not stop coughing and my chest was so tight. Bud was better, but said, "maybe it's Covid"? I said "no, it's just a cold". Thursday I was a little better. Friday I was a lot better, but knew I could not go to the shower and possibly infect others. Besides, I was still so drained of any energy. I called my son and told him what was going and that I wasn't going to be able to go with them.

He offered to drive down and pick up my shower gift and take it for me. Which I thought was too much trouble for him, but was glad he was willing to do so. I said, "My presence might be absent, but my present will be present." I wore a mask while he was here and hope he hasn't gotten sick.

Yesterday I felt really icky again after thinking I was better the day before. Today, I think I'm finally on the mend. I sure hope so. In the meantime, Shalea shared photos of the day - thank goodness - and I did facetime with them a little toward the end of the shower. So I didn't miss out completely. 

Four of my granddaughters are in this photo along with two of my greats in the front row - Deise standing behind Dominique and Kathryn and Katrina in front with Louis and Brynley.



Dominique's best friend Molly made it. They have been friends since  high school.




 

Both her sisters were present - Kathryn on the left, Deise on the right with her mom, my daughter-in-law, Shalea next to the Bride-to-Be.

I'm still disappointed I couldn't have been there, but if I had to miss one of the occasions, I'm glad it was the bridal shower and not the wedding!

As for whether or not what I've had was Covid? I didn't get tested so I don't know. But I did read the symptoms of the current variant making the rounds. Maybe it was Covid?

No comments:

Post a Comment