Search This Blog

Friday, March 3, 2023

Spending Too Much Time With Memories?

Between the lingering hangover of Covid isolation and winter weather, I spend more time living in the past with my memories than looking forward to the future. But then my best times are in the past. It seems like I remember reading in the AARP magazine about looking forward to something was better for mental health than living in the past. And I saw a FB post suggest that at our age we should reflect less and plan for the future more. Personally, I appreciate this quote from Walt Disney: "I love the nostalgic myself. I hope we never lose the things of the past". I suppose the answer is to try and balance between the two.


This showed up on a feed this morning. It feels affirming.

I am perfectly happy to be at home with my husband though I know it would be good for me to get out a little more - broaden my horizons - at least talk to other people. 

This week I finally have gone to the grocery and library without a mask on. It feels like freedom though I'm still leery of doing so. It felt good to talk to people and actually smile where it could be seen. I have thought about attending a program or two at the library like a book discussion group or "Chair Yoga For Mobility & Brain Health". I should do that not just think about doing it. I wonder if there is a spot still open?

"Memories need to be shared" is a quote by Lois Lowry and because the reason I started writing this blog was to pass my memories on to my family members, I think it is only natural that many of my posts are about my memories. And I'm sure that as I continue sorting through the litter of my life I'll keep finding pieces of memories to share. 



No comments:

Post a Comment