Search This Blog

Sunday, February 26, 2023

Belated Second Birthday Party

 

It's the photos that are belated, not the party. Friends and family gathered to celebrate great-grandson Louis' 2nd birthday last Saturday on his birth day, the 18th. It was held at the Des Moines Children's Museum.

We had a private room for the cake, gifts, lunch, etc., but the museum was open for all of us to explore. At first I questioned the use of the word 'museum' because it was just one huge area of toys and playthings and total bedlam with all the little ones running around. Then I realized it is a museum - where so many child friendly activities and teaching moments have been curated.

So here are some random photos from the party.




I call this one "Find a Friend". The little girl was already in the cart. Louis joined her. She didn't seem to mind too much. 









Fireman Louis.






My daughter-in-law, Shalea, with her grandsons Louis and Greyson and cousin Brynley.





Ayden and great-grandpa Bud. He is the most loving little boy. He always runs to greet us with a hug everytime we see him. 







Great-granddaughter Brynley giving me one of her cheer leader poses.

Her mother and Louis' mom are first cousins.





Louis' aunt Deise when she found the dill pickles.




 First cousins, Greyson and Louis eating lunch.





Louis opening his gift from the great-grands. I can't afford to give my greats much. It's always a card in the mail with a five dollar bill. But if we go to their party I try to give them a little present in addition to the card and money. It is usually a book, but for Louis, on this day, it was a package of puzzles. 

I don't know if his parents will appreciate them. When my kids were little it seemed like I was constantly picking up puzzle pieces. 





Probably my favorite pic of the day - me and the birthday boy. I'm still blown over by the fact that his parent's named him Louis - which was my dad's name. 


Hubby Dearest wanted his photo taken with this mail box. He is always giving our mailman a bad time and wanted to give him a copy of the photo. 😄

It was a wonderful, memorable day, but great-grandma came home totally wiped out. It is fun, but tiring, trying to keep up with those little ones.

Sign above a doorway at the children's museum. I'm so very grateful to have all this day's moments among my memories. 💗

No comments:

Post a Comment