Search This Blog

Saturday, February 25, 2023

33 Hours Without Water

In the "you don't appreciate what you have until you don't have it" category all I can say is HOW TRUE! From the time I got up yesterday morning at 5:00 and realized we didn't have any water until 2:00 this afternoon felt a lot longer than thirty-three hours. 

HD was sure it had to be frozen pipes while I was imagining the worst possible scenario - like the yard was going to have to be dug up because it was the line from the main to our house - it was going to cost a small fortune - they'd have to break up the cement patio to get to it - etc., etc. etc. 

And my reasoning that it wasn't just frozen pipes? In the fourteen winters we've lived here the only times we've had a pipe freeze was the one to the stool in the master bath and a few minutes with a hair dryer had it thawed out. But all the pipes? When it wasn't even below zero? Never.

I went to Wally and bought four gallon jugs of water and another case of 24 bottles to add to the case and half we already had while Bud hauled a five gallon bucket of water from the club house at least four or five times so we could flush the stools. And, of course, we tried to get a hold of a plumber. Not one answered their phone or called back when we left a message. 

So after lunch HD borrowed a forced air propane heater and an hour and a half later we had WATER. Oh, how wonderful! It seemed a lot longer than a day and half. Two showers, a sink of dirty dishes and a load of laundry later, we feel human again. The time without water is already dimming. But I swear I won't take turning on the tap for granted again! 💧😌

Addendum: Thank goodness I have a spouse to get me through times like these. I can't imagine being alone and facing even something like frozen pipes. 💞

No comments:

Post a Comment