Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Impressionism in Photos

I may have stumbled upon a new favorite pastime. Impressionism by photography.

Some of my favorite artists were the impressionists.

I call this one 'Northern White Cedar' because that little bit of greenery is the 'Christmas Tree' Lily gave me when we were at her home last month. I kept it so I could look up what kind of tree it came from when I got home. I don't remember ever seeing flat evergreen needles before. We didn't have Northern White Cedars in Southwest Iowa, only Red Cedar trees - lots of red cedars.

Patio table.

Ruby throated hummingbird.

Picture of oriole feeder cropped to show just the inverted scene.

Same photo as above, but rotated down - which looks like it is the 'right' way up.

So still, so foggy. It could be a decoy. But it is a live wood duck.

The Grand Finale - My Monet Moment.

"My wish is to stay always like this, living quietly in a corner of nature."
       (Claude Monet)

No comments:

Post a Comment