Search This Blog

Saturday, April 2, 2016

100 Years Ago Today

April 2, 1916 was a Sunday. It was the day my maternal grandparents married. And as I told Bud a few minutes ago, "I can almost see their wedding photo in my mind, yet I don't have a copy of it." They were united in marriage by A.Y. Cupp, "the marry'in preacher". His obituary states that he married more than 800 couples, the last on April 4, 1920,  just three weeks before his death.

I've shared memories and photos of Grandpa Joe and Grandma Delphia many, many times already on this blog. I don't have anything new to add today, but did not want the centenary of their wedding date to go unmarked.

















There's a whole passel of us who wouldn't even be here if these two hadn't hitched up 100 years ago today!

No comments:

Post a Comment