I managed to read ten books in thirty days this month.
The Wedding Game, Runaway Groomsman and The Reunion are all by Meghan Quinn, a new author for me. I thought the first book was a bit lame but the other two weren't too bad.
I Cheerfully Refuse by Leif Enger was sent to me by my son Douglas. This is an author we both like. This will go back to Doug to read.
September is one of my books read long ago and pulled out to read again. British novelist Rosamund Pilcher was one of my favorite authors.
Strangers: A Memoir of Marriage by Belle Burden was touted as "a book every woman should read even if she is happily married".
Beach Music by Pat Conroy is another of his books I decided to read after reading his South of Broad last month. This one wasn't nearly as good, in my opinion.
Sleep No More is a collection of "six murderous tales" by English novelist P. D. James.
Border Music By Robert James Waller is another dip back into my own collection of books.
Our Noble Selves is Kate Atkinson's latest novel. She is one of my adopted authors and has been a favorite of mine. I was a bit disappointed in this one which is based on the 1951 Festival of Britain. Her Jackson Brodie books are the best, in my opinion.
With all the rain we've had this month, books were good companions.
No comments:
Post a Comment