Search This Blog

Monday, September 28, 2026

Moody Monday

Weather wise it is a rather moody Monday morning - cloudy and overcast though the sun is supposed to come out. 

But mood wise, personally, I'm in a good mood which is one reason I took a little drive up to Lake McKinley. It is so good to see the lake full of water - but not surprising with all the rain we've had.


Water gushing and foaming over and under the spillway - headed downriver as part of the Platte.


Near the spillway, some fall color on the sumacs. Fall is my favorite time of the year even if it does usher in my least favorite season.   

About the same distance away in the other direction is this small backyard pond. Isn't it delightful? When we moved to Mom's farm and I planted my weeping willow tree with plans to construct a small pond beneath it, this was the kind of water feature I had in mind, though maybe not quite this big. Sadly, I never accomplished making it. 😞

One thing I noticed both at the lake and in this tableau (in the top right corner) were the walnuts on the trees and the ground. I wonder if this is a mast year for walnuts?

10:45 a.m. and the sun popped out. The weather forecasters got it right. 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment