Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

October '23 Book List

Have I ever, at least since retiring, read as few as four books in a month? If so, I don't remember it.

The Traitor Among Us is Anne Perry's latest (#5) Elena Standish novel and, I presume,* her last as the author died earlier this year. I have very much enjoyed this character and this author.

The Black Widow is #16 in the Gabriel Allon series by Daniel Silva that I have been reading my way through.

The River We Remember by William Kent Krueger is a murder mystery set in a small Minnesota town during 1958. It looks back to wars fought both abroad and at home. Krueger is one of the authors I will always read.

House of Spies is #17 in Daniel Silva's Gabriel Allon series. It was somewhat disquieting to be reading this book at the time of the Hamas attacks in Israel and the subsequent ongoing battles. It looks like I have six more books to read in this series before I am entirely caught up on them.

I don't know what the number of books I read in November will be, but with the cold days and early darkness it will surely be more than four. Happy reading. And Happy Halloween. 👻🎃

(*Presume because there have been instances of another writer continuing a series when the original author dies.)


No comments:

Post a Comment