Search This Blog

Monday, October 16, 2023

How To Cram Nine People Into One Week

When my daughter emailed me July 13 that she had booked her tickets to come see us in October I was so happy. The last time we were together was in July, 2019. Covid and then her new job were responsible for the long absence. She would only be here for a week but a week was better than nothing. I knew the time would go by fast and it did. But we tried to fit in as much as we could.

On Saturday Kari's younger brother Preston and his wife Shalea came for lunch and spend some time with her/us.


The next day was older brother Douglas and wife Shelly's turn. We had so much fun with both brothers and spouses. (Doug and Shelly did get lunch also. We just cleared the table before the pics. 😄



The week went as fast as I knew it would. Monday we went to lunch at our new favorite sports bar and grill, Mario's. The rest of the week we spent around the house. Kari really enjoys artwork and tried to get me interested. Let's just say I am no artist!


Thursday morning it was time to drive south and hour and a half to meet up with her friends from Overland Park, KS where she would spend a few days visiting with them.

First a photo of me with my daughter.






And then one of her and Bud.







Then Bud took some photos of friends Carter, Kari, me and Shin where we met up in King City, MO.

Meeting about halfway for them and us worked out great. (We had also met there to get her on the previous Thursday as flying in and out of KC was better for Kari coming from Portland.





Shin shared some photos of their time together in the Kansas City area.


Carter and Kari have been friends since their West Des Moines days.





 

And Shin knows no strangers. He and Carter have been together several years.

We have been friends from the first time we met.

I think they are comparing their beautiful gray hair in this photo. 💕



And this may be my new favorite photo of my daughter. So pretty.

Shin had it labeled "Penny for your thoughts?"

As I write this Kari is about an hour and a half into her trip back to Portland. She'll have tomorrow at home before going back to work on Wednesday. 

I hope her desk isn't piled too high when she gets there. And I hope it isn't as long between visits next time. But we still have facetime and that helps alot.


No comments:

Post a Comment