Search This Blog

Saturday, July 17, 2021

Bergamot Alone - A Poem By Sandor

 


Bergamot Alone 

Ahead lies Bergamot, amongst all other flowers and grasses,

Swaying more sweetly than daisies along mountain passes.

Towering o'r the green, its rosy petals crown the stem.

A floral diadem of royal colours, each a sparkling gem.


In the sun, mighty Bergamot cannot be forgot or lost.

For it is in the light, she dances away morning's frost.

A castle of hope, she guards the beauty of nature well.

All of magic has no equal to the power of her gentle spell.


As sweet as the perfect smile on a honest child's face,

So is her manner, daily lifted to the highest grace.

Free and full as she may often be, folly she hath not,

Amongst all other flowers and grasses, ahead lies Bergamot.


My photo of wild Bergamot was taken exactly one year ago today at 7:26 a.m. along the hidden gravel path near Lake McKinley. On my blog two days ago, I shared a couple other photos of Bergamot, which I usually call Monarda, that I took at Green Valley State Park/Lake. I'm always on the lookout for this North American native plant.


No comments:

Post a Comment