Search This Blog

Thursday, July 22, 2021

Achillea Millefolium - aka -Yarrow

 

I'm happy to note that the extreme heat and drought have not affected my Firefly Peach Sky Achillea Millefolium, aka, Yarrow. I pretty much ignore it until it begins blooming and demands my admiration. It's something of a leggy plant and would probably benefit from some support. I'll put that on my "to do" list. 😁


It is probably a good thing my Yarrow does take care of itself. As Cicely Mary Barker said in her Flower Fairies of Summer poem about Yarrow - I would miss it if it disappeared.

The Yarrow Fairy

Among the harebells and the grass,
  The grass all feathery with seed,
I dream, and see the people pass:
  They pay me little heed.

And yet the children (so I think)
  In spite of other flowers more dear,
Would miss my clusters white and pink,
  If I should disappear. 



My Portulaca (Moss Rose) is also doing beautifully in the heat and with little watering. I knew it would because I learned that from my Mom when I was still a child. 

I hope your garden and flower beds are surviving. 


No comments:

Post a Comment