Search This Blog

Sunday, May 3, 2020

The First Two Days of May





May began with a beautiful sunrise in the East.....








.....which created gorgeous pinks in the West.






The first Iris of the year bloomed.



The Creeping Phlox is sharing its space by the mailbox with some Lily-of-the-Valley which, for some reason, has really spread on the north side of the house this spring.


The bird feeding station is supplied, including my new feeder on the right.



I dug the clematis and moved it from the north side of the house to the south. I think it will do better here.





I also moved the Grape Hyacinths for the same reason.


May 2nd began with the early morning sun highlighting two yellow Iris blooms.



And a picture of Papa, Mama and Baby paddling across the pond.

It was such a lovely morning I decided it was time for my first outdoor walk of the year. (I'm a wimp when it is cold.) Lake McKinley is such a pretty place to walk and the trails are great.


Blue skies and lots of pink blossoms on the Crabapple trees.






And after learning that I haven't missed the Redbud's blossoming after all, I was curious to check out the ones in the park. I did spot just a few blooms on this tree.




Are these apple blossoms? Maybe another variety of crabapple? Love the soft pink and white blooms.




This flowering bush was a new speciman for me. I had to look it up to learn it is Fothergilla gardenii named to honor English physician and botonist, Dr. John Fothergill. I couldn't help but think about an old mentor of mine, Claude Fothergill. I wonder if they were related?


My walk must have energized me - with Bud's help moving the pavers, I got new weed blocker put down. Now all I need is new mulch.
After this, I was done for the day. According to Grandma Delphia, Sunday is a day of rest - exactly what I planned to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment