Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Redbud, Red Haw or Red Hawk?

A week later than planned, but what a beautiful morning to visit Red Haw State Park and view all the redbuds. And yes, it is Red Haw not Redbud nor Red Hawk as some believe. The park was named for the red berries, called haws, of the hawthorn trees which used to be plentiful in the park.


Just a sample of some of the fifty photos I took......












I heard so many birds, but only got pictures of a couple, including this one of an Eastern Kingbird. We had so many of these on the farm, this is the first one I've seen in a while.








I've heard that the park can get quite crowded during peak redbud time, but we got there around 9:30 and saw only a few other cars.

I can now cross 'Red Haw State Park during redbuds flowering' off my bucket list, but that doesn't mean I might not go back again. It's only an hour's drive away and so very lovely to view.

No comments:

Post a Comment