Search This Blog

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Taking A Sunday Drive #31

I pretty well covered our trip to South Carolina in my May 1, 2014 blog. As I said then, strolling along the battery in Charleston was always a dream of mine. To do it with my honey made it all the more sweet.
I'll try to use pictures different than the ones in that blog, but all are from our April, 2014 trip to the Southeast.

One of the beautiful old mansions along East Battery.

This one I took from the car as we were leaving, thus the reflection of the radar detector in the windshield.

View of the Ravenel Bridge we'd soon be crossing from Charleston to Mt. Pleasant.

On our way to Sullivan's Island - just another one of those places I'd always dreamed of seeing.

Beach houses.

I don't know what this plant is called, but I was drawn to its beautiful form.

More beach flora. Looks something like vetch to me.

From Sullivan's Island we crossed over to the Isle of Palms and then across the intracoastal waterway back to the mainland. From here on we were more or less headed home.

I'll never see all the places I've read about and *wanted* to see, but experiencing some of them for myself is 'a dream come true'.


No comments:

Post a Comment