Search This Blog

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Look Now, The Sky Is Golden


The leaves are falling, November's calling....maybe my favorite month - impressed upon me early because of my birthday and Thanksgiving.
The sun has moved south, some of the trees are already bare of leaves and the sunsets are glorious.

The first thing I noticed when I looked out the window this morning was how littered with leaves the deck was.

Overnight those maple leaves had begun coming down on the decks and the roofs.

They are swirling into piles everywhere - along the deck....

and in the street, behind the garage.

Some of the oak leaves have started to fall. They make a rattling sound, blowing down the street.

"Now constantly there is the sound,
Quieter than rain, 
Of the leaves falling..."
   (Wendell Berry)

No comments:

Post a Comment