Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Four Skunks and a Ground Hog

I found a picture of my Mom that I don't remember sharing before. There is no date on the back, but I would guess she was around 18.
In her diary, 80 years ago today, she wrote: "We kids went down home." (Referring to herself and Dad, I'm sure. They had been married just over a month and were living with Dad's family. 'Down home' would have been to Mom's folks.)
"They went hunting. Got 4 skunks. We went with the folks to take Evelyn and Howard (Mom's sister and brother-in-law) home. They went hunting up there. Got a groundhog." 'They' most likely refers to the men.

This piece of material with the note pinned to it was with the photo of Mom. The note is in Grandma Lynam's handwriting and reads: "This is sample of Dad's suit. You can paste in his Book you have."

I don't know what book of his they had. I would guess the suit referred to may have been the one Grandpa was buried in, so perhaps the book was from his funeral in 1947.

I also don't know why the picture and suit sample were together. Just another of those questions that'll never be answered.   ....Like....
What would you do with four skunks and a groundhog??

No comments:

Post a Comment