Search This Blog

Friday, November 3, 2017

Black and White Challenge 2nd Choices

One of the current 'things' on Facebook is something called the Black and White Challenge: For seven days post seven black and white photos, no people, no explanation. On the 1st of November my friend Julie challenged me. Just the night before I wondered, "Will anyone challenge me?" - because anyone who knows me knows how much a photography nut I am.
Choosing which seven photos to post was the REAL CHALLENGE! Here are my second seven choices, which I CAN explain. (No challenge rules here.)

This old dug out, sod cabin as it looked when I was on my 50th birthday retreat twenty-four years ago. I wonder if it is still standing? Located in Wesley Woods Camp and Retreat Center, Indianola, Iowa.

Wooden mill race, Mingus Mill, built in 1886. Located just inside The Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Cherokee, North Carolina.

Baby ground hogs peaking out from underneath the corn crib on Mom & Dad's farm. Jasper Township, Adams County, Iowa.


A small park between the Cathedral of San Fernando and the River Walk in San Antonio, TX. A lovely, quiet spot for reflection with the gentle splash of a spill of water into a shallow pool. I was tamed, Rio Amanzado, to yield, to feed, to foster. Me nombraron San Antonio, who finds the lost."


Access path through the sand dunes from our hotel to the Gulf of Mexico, South Padre Island, TX.

Natural Bridge area of Rogue River Gorge, Siskiyou National Forest, Southwest Oregon.

Kilmainham Gaol courtyard where the rebels of the 1916 Easter uprising were executed. The small cross marks where James Connolly, severely wounded during the siege at the G.P.O, was tied to a chair and shot by a firing squad.

This black and white challenge has given me the opportunity of revisiting some of my/our favorite travel spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment