Search This Blog

Sunday, March 31, 2024

March 2024 Reading List

 A more eclectic mix - eight books read in March.

Canary Girls by Jennifer Chiaverini was a very interesting novel based on facts about the women who worked in the arms factories during WWI.

Sterling House by Alix E. Harrow is the second book I've read by this author - and it is just as intriguing as the first one. (The Ten Thousand Doors of January.)

The Cutting Edge by Jeffery Deaver continues my reading through his Lincoln Rhyme series.

Mrs. Lincoln's Rival is also by Jennifer Chiaverini and also a novel based on fact. The protaganist is Kate Chase Sprague a young woman who served as her father's hostess while he was senator and then cabinet member in Washington D.C. There was a mutual dislike and rivalry between her and Mary Todd Lincoln. This was a very interesting look into those times and of a woman I had never before heard about.

The Hunter by Tana French is the second of her books about Cal Hooper, a retired Chicago police detective who moves to Ireland. In both books he becomes involved in solving some murders near the small village of Ardnakelty. I love these books and their setting. Tana French is one of my favorite authors as well as my 'adopted' author for Gibson Memorial Library.

Judgement Prey is John Sandford's latest novel featuring both Lucas Davenport and Virgil Flowers who have teamed up to solve the triple murders of a man and his two sons. His next book will be released in 10 days, but I will probably have to wait awhile before I get to read it because his books are so popular. But that's okay - they are always good reads and ones I look forward to.

The Island House by Nancy Thayer is another of her novels set on Nantucket. I have decided I need to mix a little light reading in with the usual whodunnits I read. 

North Woods by Daniel Mason is the first book I've read of his and I hope to read more. (My library does have one more which I will be reading.) North Woods relates the story of one piece of land over hundreds of years. What I especially liked about it was not so much the people but the flora and fauna and the changes to both over those years. Really an enchanting achievement in story telling and another month of good reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment