Search This Blog

Monday, May 10, 2021

Continuing the Tradition

 

After a slight deviation from last year's no contact flower delivery due to the pandemic, my son and I were able to enjoy what has become our Mother's Day tradition. And I had a realization about this tradition. I have told Douglas more than once he does not have to keep bringing the flowers, that it is enough for me just to be together. What I tumbled to was: this is Doug's tradition, not mine, even though I am a part of it. It is his tradition to bring his mommy a hanging planter every year. I'm just the fortunate recipient.

He brings the flowers and daughter-in-law Shelly brings me strawberry-rhubarb pie. That's her tradition and I love it!

Mother's Day began on Saturday with a card and more than two hours of facetime with daugher Kari and continued yesterday with many Facebook and phone greetings from other family members. I was one happy, and tired, mommy last night. 


The weekend also brought first sightings of the beautiful Indigo Bunting and.....

.....a Ruby-throated Hummingbird - though I've yet to get a good picture of it. 

Mother Nature and Family - Mother's Day weekend couldn't have been any better.  💖


No comments:

Post a Comment