Search This Blog

Saturday, May 1, 2021

Celebrating May Day In Some Favorite Ways

 



I'm in my happy zone - potting some flowers and then going to buy more.



I got a good deal on my favorite geraniums - a large pot of four was broken and marked down to half price.

So the three I was sure weren't damaged went into their usual pot yesterday while the snapdragons I got this morning went into the deck planter made by my eldest grandson.




A repeat of last year - happy little Portulaca in the matching deck rail planters.


I had been seeing signs around town for a new greenhouse out in the country. Today was their opening day - good reason for a drive in the countryside. 



After buying a few plants there, I decided to continue on down the road rather than retracing my drive out.

I can't resist stopping to take creek photos from a bridge.

And noticed.....




.... a  few chokecherry blossoms in the ditch nearby.






Around a curve I saw some wild phlox and this path into the woods. Oh, how I would have loved following the path, looking for more spring wildflowers and, perhaps, finding some morels, though I think it has been too dry for them.


That final geranium looked like it was okay, so into a pot with a springeri fern for accent. Time to sit back and enjoy two more of my favorite things - a glass of May wine (Starborough Sauvignon Blanc) and a good book.

Later, watching the Kentucky Derby. A very pleasing start to the Merry Month of May.



No comments:

Post a Comment