Search This Blog

Sunday, April 18, 2021

Emerging From Covid-19's Shadow - Part I

What did I miss most about self-isolating for more than a year during the time of Covid? Seeing family members, of course. I saw both my sons once each and only from a 'safe' distance. I saw my daughter and step-son and some grandchildren/great grandchildren via Facetime. But nothing beats seeing them in person and being able to hug once again.

Our eldest granddaughter and her two children were the first to visit. On April 6 Rodney had a basketball tournament in town which Katrina invited us to watch. But we had only had our first Moderna shot of vaccine so opted for an in-person, socially distanced, visit from them on our patio. It was a beautiful day, so that worked fine.


At first Brynley was very shy. She did not remember us.

But after I gave her the book I had gotten for her 3rd birthday and wasn't able to give her last year, she began loosening up.




It was fun watching her play with 'Ballerina Barbie' and...





...her dog.





As well as catching up with Rodney and what is going on in his life. He is a mature 11-year-old now. 





Son Douglas and his wife Shelly showed up to visit awhile before they left to watch Rodney play basketball.


It was a brief, but wonderful, re-introduction to 'normal' life. I did relent and got hugs from Katrina and Shelly who were both fully vaccinated. And I took a chance and hugged this precious little one:


Who could resist?

If all goes well, I will never again have to wait a year+ to see family members.








No comments:

Post a Comment