Search This Blog

Monday, November 9, 2020

Because Someday Never Comes

 ............Just Do It....


Our lovely extra summer weather comes to an end today. It is overcast and won't be as warm, but it was mild this morning with temperatures in the 60's. I decided to get one more walk in at Lake McKinley.

It has been awhile since I went up there to walk and I use different paths when I do go so the last time I walked on the west side of the lake may have been when I took this picture July 23. Forms like this one were in several spots. At the time I deduced that we were going to get a lighted pathway along that area.


 

And --Voilà!


I also noted a rectangular platform across from the tree in this picture, and assumed there will be bench there eventually.

I was only going to walk to the end of the path, about 15 minutes, then turn around and go back to the car. But I found myself thinking that someday I would walk all the way around the lake.

Then that little voice in my head said, "Why not today?"


Besides, I could see a bunch of garbage in the parking area on the other side of the road and was curious about what it was.

A box of Borax, a jug of glue, a bucket to mix it in, a spoon to stir it and some red coloring....?

I had to Google to find that these are the ingredients to make rubbery slime. I have the feeling these lab techs were amateurs without a recipe for proportions - the stuff in the bucket looked solid.  




Across the dam, at the SE corner - only the east side to walk to get back to my car.






No worries about me breaking the speed limit.  😏

I can see the car - that little white dot under the tree - I'm going to make it!

I looked at my watch and was surprised that I had walked only five minutes longer than I had planned.

Bud had told me it was a little over a mile around the lake. I decided to drive around it to see - 1.3 miles by my odometer.

That and my time surprised me some - but what really surprised me was this:


When I got around to that cement slab on the west side, there was already a bench there! And a little farther down, another bench. I didn't get a picture of it because the worker who had installed it was sitting on it. 

Maybe some evening soon I will drive around the lake and take a picture of the lights and the other bench. Or, maybe we will have some more nice weather and I'll walk that side again yet this year. It would be pretty to see the lights in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment