Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 16, 2020

September Sunrise at Green Valley Lake

It has been almost eight weeks since my last sunrise walk at Green Valley. The biggest differences are: the sun comes up farther south, it is quite a bit cooler and I don't have to be out there quite as early to catch the sunrise. So, here it is:




I mean here is the first photo of the sunrise.





I was greeted in the parking area by this small flock of turkeys.




On the trail, starting down the hill.





Eight minutes later. Can you tell the smoke from the western wildfires is affecting our skies?




First turkeys, then a heron.

I thought I had the trail all to myself, but just around the corner from here I met a gentleman and his Australian Shepherd out for their early morning constitutional.




I walked to the marina, turned and started back.

On the return, these two Flickers were sitting on the path. If you look in the upper right corner, there's a bonus Cardinal.




When I saw these two from a distance, I thought they might be Ravens. Alas.

First turkeys then Turkey Vultures. Does it seem fitting that they are perched in a dead tree?





It was, as always, a great walk at Green Valley, though too early and too cool for the butterflies to be out. I'll go again soon, but later in the day to stalk them.




Happily there were some Monarchs on my Autumn Joy Sedum this afternoon, reminders that the first day of Fall is only six days away.


No comments:

Post a Comment