Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Crossing the Causeway on the Equinox

 


What better way to celebrate the start of Autumn than a morning walk at Green Valley? Inadvertently, we started walking at 8:30 - the precise time of the Fall Equinox. 

Bud walks so much faster than I ever could so he walks a mile or so then returns to where I am and we walk back together.

 I took this picture of him from across an inlet on his way back toward me.




Someone else greeting the new season in, perhaps, his own favorite way.




There were so many blackbirds gathering in the trees. You might call it a flock, but I thought of it as a cacophony of blackbirds due to their loud, discordant chorus.



Evidence of one of Mother's small creatures being sacrificed for another. An owl hunting in the dark and finding a mouse unaware?




Doesn't it look like a lonely teardrop on this white fungus?


                                   A colorful trio: green grove, red sumac and goldenrod.



Just part of the reason I think of Autumn as the golden time of the year.




Red leaves.


Heron in flight.




Delicate white and pink flowers.




This monstrous tree trunk at the south end of the causeway is so grotesque it is like a piece of art, especially with the dried algae caught in its prongs.




A morning walk with my partner, my friend, my love, was the very best way to celebrate the Autumnal Equinox. 

No comments:

Post a Comment