Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

A New Month, A New Outlook

As noted a couple days ago, I have been housebound for what seems like forever due to my allergies ferociously acting up again for the first time in four years. My car hadn't been used enough to keep the battery charged, so after Bud, his car and jumper cables getting it going this morning, I took a long drive out to and around Green Valley Lake.

Of course I took my camera along. Surprisingly there were no Canada Geese at all and at first only a few ducks.

Then, clear over on the northwest side, was a paddling of Buffleheads, aka goldeneyes or butterballs.

While back at the campground area near the cabins I was thrilled to see this flock of Coots.

The skyline north of Green Valley has changed a lot in the last year - evidenced by this juxtaposition of new wind turbines seen through the framework of an old windmill.



On the road back - a drowned fence post and a tortured tree trunk across a pond of sparkling water.







It felt so-o good to be out and about again and then be welcomed home by these smiling faces.


I'm looking forward to warmer days and walking the lake trails again.






No comments:

Post a Comment