Search This Blog

Friday, November 30, 2018

November Book List

Twelve books read this month.
Dark Tide Rising is the 24th book in Anne Perry's William Monk series. I continue to enjoy this series.

The Bookshop of Yesterdays by Amy Meyerson is a new author for me. A book about a bookstore is always fun.

The Witch Elm by Tana French. French is one of my new 'must read' authors.

A Forgotten Place by Charles Todd is the 10th book in the Bess Crawford series. This mother-son writing pair is one of my favorites. Love the series set during and after WWI.

Varina is Charles Frazier's latest novel. Frazier is one of my all-time favorite authors. Loved his Cold Mountain and Thirteen Moons. Varina is about the wife of CSA President Jefferson Davis. It is an informative novel of what it was like to be on the South's side during the Civil War. My favorite read this month.

A Distant View of Everything by Alexander McCall Smith is #11 in his Isabel Dalhousie philosphy series. Of all his characters, Isabel Dalhousie is my favorite.

The Dead Ringer by M. C. Beaton is the 29th of the Agatha Raisin detective series. Obviously, I still enjoy reading about Agatha's misadventures.

Four Funerals and Maybe a Wedding by Rhys Bowen is the 12th in Her Royal Spyness series. I really like Rhys Bowen's other series, but was not too crazy about the Lady Georgiana character (Queen Victoria's granddaughter and way down the line [34th] for the throne) when I first started reading the series. She is beginning to grow on me.

The Hanged Man's Song by John Sandford  is one of two Kidd series books at our library. Kidd is a computer expert who makes an appearance in some of Sandford's other series.

Skeletons by Kate Wilhelm a book I had read before but did not recognize it at first. Even then I really didn't remember much about the book but since it is set in Oregon and is a well-written thriller, I went ahead and read it again.

Private Life by Jane Smiley is one of my book sale buys. Smiley's books always seem to me to take a little time to get into, this one was no exception, but they are always worth reading.

The Devil's Code is the other Kidd series book by John Sandford that our library has. This one is heavy duty on the computer hacking capabilities of Kidd and his accomplices. Interesting, but way over my level of understanding. Still, it is Sandford and he does know how to write 'can't put down' thrillers.

I've identified my favorite read this month, but cannot name a least favorite. Seems like it was a month to read continuing series.

1 comment:

  1. I never tire of Sandford. I love his humor. I use blog posts like this one of yours to get ideas on what to read next. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete