Search This Blog

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Old Crone, New Year

This is the image I used a couple years ago on Facebook to wish my friends a "Happy New Year! Samhain Blessings from this old crone." And by 'old crone' I meant me.
The Celtic New Year begins today and today begins my favorite month - birthdays and anniversaries galore. And even though I have been worried about the progress of rehabilitation with my new knee - and feel about as ancient as an old crone - things are progressing apace according to my P-T therapist.

As someone with a November birthday, I've long been aware that I am a Scorpio according to the usual zodiac signs.

It was my niece, Christine, who made me aware of the Irish Celtic Tree Astrology with a tree assigned to each of the 13 lunar months.

Tree lover that I am, I welcome these new, to me, Celtic Zodiac symbols. And while I do not think of a Reed as a tree, I find its explanation interesting.

Reed - The Inquisitor
October 28 - November 24

"Reed signs among the Celtic tree astrology signs are the secret keepers. You dig deep inside to the real meaning of things and discover the truth hidden beneath layers of distraction. When there is a need to get to the heart of the matter, most certainly the Reed sign will find the core. You love a good story and can easily be drawn into gossip, scandals, legend and lore. These tendencies also make you an excellent historian, journalist, detective or archaeologist. You love people because they represent a diversity of meanings for you to interpret. You are adept at coaxing people to talking to you, and sometimes you can be a bit manipulative. However, you have a strong sense of truth and honor so most of your scheming is harmless. Reed people join well with other Reeds, Ash or Oak signs."
Hm-m, might be interesting to compare the Reed explanation with one for Scorpio.

"May you have - Walls for the wind and a roof for the rain and drinks beside the fire. Laughter to cheer you and those you love near you, and all that your heart may desire." (Traditional Celtic Blessing)

Best wishes for a Happy New Year. ♏🌳

No comments:

Post a Comment