Search This Blog

Friday, November 27, 2015

A Late Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving came early for me this week when I heard the good news from my older son's PET scan.
Then yesterday was just the two of us with the morning spent making a couple things to take today while fixing beef and noodles for our Thanksgiving lunch.
Today was Thanksgiving dinner at my younger son's. I took this chocolate poke cake and a raspberry/cranberry/pineapple jello salad with a sour cream/cream cheese topping.


I love my grandchildren but they are almost all grown up. I have to be honest and admit how much I adore these little ones. This is me with great-grandson Ayden.









And here is his little brother, Greyson, being held by Grandma Shalea. The boys missed being exactly one year apart by one day.
Greyson's birthday is June 30; Ayden's, July 1.






Me with granddaughter, Dominique and her college roommate She couldn't make it home to San Diego for Thanksgiving so Dominique invited her to Winterset.


Shalea's parents were also guests. Helen brought several pies, so we DID get some very good pumpkin pie after the ham, turkey, green bean casserole, corn pudding, dressing, mashed potatoes, rolls, etc. etc. No, of course I didn't eat too much.
We had a very good time sitting around the table with the grand kids reminiscing and laughing about when they were little. It is gratifying to know that they have good memories of times spent with Grandma and Grandpa.
More photos of the day:

Dakota, Grandpa Bud, Devin

Ayden and Aunt Deise










Preston and Mom









Daddy Ki and Ayden

Ayden fresh out of the bath.
(I could not resist!)


Aunt Kathryn and Greyson










5-month-old Greyson












The day began with a coat of ice on the deck, trees and this asparagus fern. Fortunately the roads were clear and dry so travel was no problem.  It was truly a week of Thanksgiving.

"We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures."
(Thornton Wilder) 

No comments:

Post a Comment