Search This Blog

Friday, April 3, 2015

Do You Take Those Quizzes You See On Facebook?

Can you resist those Brainfall and Playbuzz quizzes your Facebook friends post links to? I could; but I don't. To me they are just too much fun. How can you resist discovering "Which sense do you rely on most?" or "What's Your Zombie Name?" or the one I recently took: "What Kind of Drink Are You?"


Granddaughter Deise probably posts more of these quizes than any of my other Facebook friends. She is the grandchild born on my 51st birthday. Think what you like about the significance of astrology and birth dates, but there are a lot of similarities in our two personalities. And more times than not, we will have the same results on these quizzes. We both are "D's" in the "What Is Your Emotional Personality Type?" (D: Self-motivated and positive.)

"What Kind of Drink Are You?" - Yep, both Cosmopolitans. "You are quiet and content. You don't stand out too much, but you don't mind and you don't care what people think of you. You don't need everything to be perfect as long as you get what matters."

A couple days ago daughter-in-law Shelly shared the "What Is Your Totem Pole Animal?" link. She didn't share which animal she got, but naturally I HAD to take the quiz myself, not that I needed to - I've known my totem animal for many years. But just for fun, I wanted to see what animal the quiz said is my totem.


Crow. "Your totem pole animal is the crow! The crow is a spirit animal associated with life mysteries and magic. The power of this bird as totem and spirit guide is to provide insight and means of supporting intentions. Sign of luck, it is also associated with the archetype of the trickster; be aware of deceiving appearances. If the crow has chosen you as your spirit animal, it supports you in developing the power of sight, transformation and connection with life's magic." Hmm, okay, I like this. I've always thought I would like the power of sight and I do believe in the magic in our lives. (Wonder what animal Deise got?)

Because a totem is something such as an animal or plant which is the symbol for a family or tribe especially among Native Americans, I thought I should also include my Native American totem according to my birth zodiac:


Characteristics and meaning of the snake symbol: "Impulsive, shrewdness, rebirth, transformation, initiation, and wisdom."

Rather than being a family or clan symbol, I always thought of a totem as being a personal symbol. It was that personal symbol I asked for a quarter century ago. Just before falling asleep one night, my silent request was: "Please make my totem known to me." That night I dreamed about a .....


Dove. The American Native symbol for "cross-world communication, spirit messenger, peace, gentleness, love." I wasn't surprised to receive the dove as my totem - my middle name means 'peace' and I have been a life-long lover of doves.


Aileen (meaning 'light of the sun') was my beautiful white dove. I'll still think of the dove as my totem and while it seems just the opposite of the crow, I'll still keep taking those quizzes when someone shares a link to them on Facebook. To me they are a few minutes of fun and once in awhile say something which seems significant.

No comments:

Post a Comment