Search This Blog

Monday, October 22, 2012

From One Horsepower To Twenty


Grandma Lynam wasn't as good about writing names on the back of photos as Grandma Ridnour was. However, I do know the people in this picture - they are my Grandma Lynam and my Dad, Louis. I just don't know the horse's name.


Looks like going from one horsepower to twenty came naturally to my Dad. I wonder if he was saying, "Giddy-up"? I'm assuming this is a Ford Model T. From looking at pictures online, I think it is a 1920 Runabout.


This is my Grandpa George with his string of horses. The one on the left looks a little smaller. It might have been Dad's pony from the top picture. I wonder if the white horse was a saddle horse or if it was also one used in the farming operation?


These are pictures I found while going through Grandma Lynam's photos last week. I am lucky to have both of my Grandmother's pictures. I would guess Dad to be about six in these snapshots. The adults are: on the left, Grandma Bessie's sister-in-law, Ruby Hickman Duncan; my Grandpa, George Lynam and Grandma Bessie Duncan Lynam. They are standing on the porch of one of those old Midwestern 4-squares. (I cropped the house out while scanning the picture so the people were closer.) The trouble is I don't know if it was the house where Grandpa & Grandma lived or where Uncle Lloyd and Aunt Ruby lived. I do know where the Lynam's were living at this time (the old Day Place) - but by the time I was old enough to drive past the place, the house was gone. I do wish Grandma Bessie had written on the backs of all her photos.

1 comment:

  1. I had an Uncle Lloyd and Aunt Ruby too, married to one another! Must have been common names.

    ReplyDelete