Search This Blog

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Facebook Friends

I've had some nice surprises since joining Facebook - reconnecting with classmates and people I once worked with. But the Friend Request from my grandson, Brock, this morning has to be my best so far.
There are discussions about whether or not parents should friend their children and vice-versa. I think those are aimed more toward parents with children still living at home. For me, being friends on Facebook with my children and grandchildren has been a wonderful way to stay in touch - to know what's going on in their lives.
When Brock and his half sister's and brother reconnected last month, they suggested I friend him on Facebook. I told them I would wait awhile - that I didn't want to scare him away. The thread was still too tenuous. That he was the one to send the friend request to me gives me great hope that I may be a part of his life again - and that of my great-grandson, Ridge.
In the picture above, Brock is on the left and Ridge on the right. Ridge looks so much like his Daddy. I can't wait to meet him in person.
I grew up believing in the importance of family - not just immediate family, but grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, great-grandparents. The older I get, the more important my family is to me. I hope Brock understands this someday - that no matter what, he has always been and always will be my first grandchild.

No comments:

Post a Comment