Search This Blog

Thursday, November 26, 2009

First Thanksgiving


There was a first Thanksgiving in Creston today. It was at my niece's house. The turkey looked much like this one and was very good.
Today was the first time Kristi had hosted Thanksgiving. She did a fine job. There were 18 people there for dinner but we could probably have fed 48.
Most of us were related or quasi-related with the exception of one family included because they didn't have anywhere else to go.
It was an eclectic group. Perhaps that is what made it so much fun because in addition to eating a lot, we laughed a lot. We looked at my brother-in-law's pictures from his recent trip to the Grand Canyon and Kristi's photos from their October vacation to Cancun.
Kristi is at the top of my list of reasons why I'm glad we moved to Creston. Seeing her more often, getting to know this amazing young woman better, has been a bonus I hadn't expected.
I hope everyone had as nice a Thanksgiving as did I.

No comments:

Post a Comment