Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 21, 2024

S.O.G With P.I.P.

 

My granddaughter Katrina sent me this cute photo of great-granddaughter Brynley last night. It was 'meet the teacher night' for second graders. She also promised 'first day of school' pics on Friday. She knows how much I love seeing them.

I started thinking about how different it is now from when my children were young. They didn't always appreciate mom's 'need' for those first day of school pictures. But I insisted they stand on the porch so I could take snapshots. Then it would be days, or weeks, before the roll of film got developed. Now new photos come through in seconds. And everyone's photos are stored on their phones, or in my case my computer because I don't have a smart phone. I'm too tech challenged to learn how to use one. 


Remembering how it used to be dredged up the memory of a small photo book many grandmas used to carry in their purses.

"Ask me about my grandchildren" brought out their 'Silly Old Grandmother With Pictures In Purse' album.

I didn't have grandchildren yet at that time, but I did buy a photo album for my mother.



The purse sized album I did have and carry in my purse was this one from 1960. It was just the right size for all those senior photos we exchanged among classmates. 

There were a few underclassmen represented in my book - their photos would fit two to a page.

When I think about it, I also had quite a few pictures from friends and relatives who graduated before me.


I may not have one of those albums like the first one I mentioned, but I guess I actually am a S.O.G.With P.I.P because I do have two photos in my purse. 

On the left, Ayden and Greyson (2019) and on the right, Louis (2022). 

Whether seeing them in person or in pictures, my great-grands always bring me joy.



Addendum: When I mentioned the first day of school photos yesterday at the beginning of this post, I was thinking about this photo of my three many, many years ago on their first day of school in Johnston.

This morning the photo showed up in my FB memories. 😊


No comments:

Post a Comment