Search This Blog

Sunday, July 14, 2024

Be

 

I believe, before FB changed so many things, that in my profile Intro there were more than the few things that show up there now. 

I don't remember what the prompt was, but my one word response was 'Be'. As in: exist. 

I found and bought this reminder in 2003 at the Portland Saturday Market. The seller/carver told me it was a rock he found in the Columbia River.


In 1970 an unassuming little novella written by Richard Bach was published. It was about a seagull who was more concerned about learning how to perfect his flying than in scavenging for food like all the others in the flock.

It was an allegorical tale of reflection, freedom and self-realization. By the end of 1972 the book was #1 on the best seller list having sold over a million copies. 

In 1973, I had my own copy.



That same year the movie came out along with the soundtrack album by Neil Diamond.

I've used the lyrics "Lonely Looking Sky" from the album along with some of my photos in a previous blog post.

It's funny that I have never used the words to "Be" before, especially since it is one of my all time favorites.




Be 

LostOn a painted skyWhere the clouds are hungFor the poet's eyeYou may find himIf you may find him
ThereOn a distant shoreBy the wings of dreamsThrough an open doorYou may know himIf you may
BeAs a page that aches for wordsWhich speaks on a theme that's timelessWhile the Sun God will make for your daySingAs a song in search of a voice that is silentAnd the one God will make for your way
And we danceTo a whispered voiceOverheard by the souldUndertook by the heartAnd you may know itIf you may know it
While the sandWould become the stoneWhich begat the sparkTurned to living boneHoly, holySanctus, sanctus
BeAs a page that aches for wordWhich speaks on a theme that is timelessWhile the Sun God will make for your daySingAs a song in search of a voice that is silentAnd the one God will make for your day



I'm not even sure I still have the book - if I do it is in one of boxes out in the garage.


But I do still have my JLS pin. 💙




No comments:

Post a Comment