Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Celebrating Father's Day and Birthdays

Fourteen family members celebrated Father's Day and two birthdays in Winterset last Saturday. And I celebrated meeting great--grandson Henri Oliver for the first time.


Newest father Travis holding Henri. He is also Dad to 3yr. old Louis.

Travis is definitely a hands on Dad. He says being a father is the greatest job.





Ki is also a Dad to two boys. Pictured here with soon-to-be (July 1st) ten year old Ayden.



Ki's youngest son, Greyson, the other birthday boy, will be nine June 30.

He and his Uncle Ian were putting together a water table. I loved the way Ian was helping Grey read and understand the instructions. Not telling him how or showing him what to do, but letting Greyson figure it out step by step. 

Maybe Greyson will follow in Ian's footsteps and become an engineer, too. 




Once it was put together, Ayden had the task of filling it with water - with Louis' help, of course.





After lunch - time to open those presents!

First there were some cards with $5 bills, then ones with $10 bills.

Then aunts and uncles started giving them money, sans cards.

Then a couple more cards with $5 bills.

These two were pretty excited with all the money. I think they each ended up with $35 along with some very nice gifts. 

Wonder if they will have all the money spent before their actual birthdays. 😄





Grandpa Preston, aka Papa Bear, was tasked with putting Henri to sleep for a needed nap. For some reason my son has a talent for this.

It wasn't long before they were both snoozing. 💙





Louis was asking me to take the stem out of his grape.

At first I didn't understand what he wanted which may explain the look on his face.

He is such a sweetie and has grown so much since I last saw him. He has also developed quite the vocabulary for a three year old. His Mom told me that after a recent meeting with other adults for lunch after he had eaten he asked: "What's our time frame for leaving." 😍




A nice photo of Grandpa Preston and Grandma Shalea with Louis.






Four generations Great-grandma Ramona, Granddaughter Kathryn holding Louis and my son, Preston holding Henri.






A sweet photo of mother and babe. 

Granddaughter Kathryn holding great-grandson Henri Oliver.

He is just so cute.


Henri's parents, grandparents and great-grandparents:

Back row great-grandfathers Pete (Shalea's dad) and Bud (Preston's step-father), great-grandmother Ramona (Preston's mom), Travis and Kathryn, Henri's Dad & Mom.

Grandmother Shalea leaning on the chair and Grandpa Preston holding Henri.




And lastly, a happy to finally be meeting and holding him, me with my tenth great-grandson (12th great-grandchild).

I treasure every one of them. 

I am glad I married young and had my children by the time I was 28. And that they married young and had their children just so I could be a young grandmother and live to see so many of my great-grands. 

What a fortunate life I have lived. 💗

 


No comments:

Post a Comment