Search This Blog

Monday, December 11, 2023

Some New Old Photos

I don't know if others care about photographs as much as I do, but I love them. They are treasures to me. Especially ones I've never seen before. My cousin Barb Drake died recently. Yesterday her husband Larry sent me a packet of photos via his and Barb's daughter-in-law Kris. I became acquainted with Kris when her mother moved in across the street from us. 


This is the first photo I scanned and the one that truly elated me - a picture of my Grandmother Bessie Duncan  and her little brother Leslie. 

Grandma was born in July 1891 and Uncle Bus (as we knew him) was born in January 1894, so Grandma would have been around two and a half in this picture. 

I had never seen a photo of my grandma as a child. Truly precious. And I love the way she is holding her dolly.



Another pose of the two of them. Grandma was the eldest of six, two girls and four boys.

Bessie, Leslie, Lawrence, Lloyd, Agnes (Babe) and Ralph.






Back row LtoR, Agnes (Babe, as she was always referred to) holding her daughter Hazel. Ethel (Leslie's wife) with daughter Elvera (Barb's mother) standing in front. Grandma Bessie with daugher Leona (my aunt) in front. Ruby (Lloyd's wife) with Lloyd in front of her.

Front row LtoR Buelah (Lawrence's wife) and son Darwin, Edwin son of Lloyd and Ruby and my dad, Louis. 

Picture was taken at Grandpa George and Grandma Bessie's farm home in Taylor County.



Taken at same location, but in March, 1941. 

Left to right, Aunt Leona, my Mom, Ruth, holding my brother Ronald. Elvera Duncan holding her little sister Marjorie.

Grandma Bessie and Aunt Ethel standing in back.






LtoR: Edwin Duncan, my dad Louis Lynam, Ronald Figgins, Uncle Leslie Duncan, Uncle Herman Figgins (Babe's husband), Uncle Lloyd Duncan. 

The occasion was during WWII when Edwin and Ronald were home on leave.



Grandma with her brothers, July, 1972: Lloyd, Leslie, Bessie and Ralph.

Also in 1972 in Grove Park (Play park) near Grandma's house: Uncle Lloyd, Grandma, Uncle Bus.


Lastly, a picture taken in Grandma Lynam's back yard in 1957 of Uncle Bus, Grandma and Uncle Ralph. 

This one I remember. Uncle Ralph and his daughter Shirley were visiting from the west coast. First time I met them, at least that I remember.


I am so grateful to have these photos - especially the ones from 1894 of Grandma and Uncle Bus. 💟


No comments:

Post a Comment